Trade Map provides on-line access to the world’s largest trade database and presents indicators on export performance, international demand, alternative markets and the role of competitors from both the product and country perspective.
Trade Map operates in a web-based interactive environment and covers the trade flows (values, quantities, trends, market share, and unit values, both in graphic and tabular format) of over 220 countries and territories and 5,300 products defined at the 2, 4 or 6-digit level of the Harmonized System. Trade data is also available at tariff line level for more than 150 countries and on a monthly or quarterly basis for more than 100 countries.
The annual data is based on COMTRADE, the world’s largest trade database maintained by the United Nations Statistics Division, and monthly or quarterly data are collected by ITC from national custom offices or regional organisations. The market access data is directly retrieved from the Market Access Map application
Trade Map's features include:
- Analysis of present export markets: Examine the profile and dynamics of export markets for any product, assess the value, size and concentration of exports and highlight countries where market shares have increased.
- Pre-selection of priority markets: View the world’s major importing countries, illustrate the extent of import concentration and in which countries demand has increased over the past five years.
- Overview of competitors in global and specific markets: Identify the leading exporting countries for a given product, highlight a country’s position in world exports or in the imports of partner and neighbouring countries.
- Review of opportunities for product diversification in a specific market: Make a comparative assessment of import demand for related products in an export market, identify imports of similar products and possible synergies.
- Identification of existing and potential bilateral trade with any partner country: Identify product-specific opportunities by comparing actual bilateral trade, the total import demand of partner countries and the overall export supply capacity of the home country.
- Information on tariffs: View information on tariff equivalent ad valorem faced by countries in their exportations or applied by importing countries.
Users can register here to access the tools free of charge.